Unexplored Svalbard on Le Boreal
FLIGHT PARIS/LONGYEARBYEN + TRANSFERS + FLIGHT LONGYEARBYEN/PARIS
PONANT invites you to experience something exceptional by discovering the Far North and the immense open spaces of the polar Arctic and its ice floes that extend to the North Pole.
You will board the ship at Longyearbyen in Norway for an 8-day expedition cruise to the heart of the Svalbard archipelago.
Over these expedition at sea aboard your ship, in the company of our specialist teams, you will discover the exceptional flora and fauna that lives in these extreme conditions, where temperatures reach -30°C in winter.
Your ship will first sail in the direction of the magnificent glaciers of Kongsfjorden, and then to the superb landscapes of the Nordvest-Spitsbergen National Park. The deep blue waters of its fjords surrounded by snow-capped mountains are home to many species of cetaceans while its islands, beaches and wide bays shelter the remains of old whaling stations and trappers’ cabins.
You will then set sail eastbound to try to reach the coasts of the Nordaust-Svalbard Nature Reserve, and the Hinlopen Strait, a real polar desert sheltering many basaltic islets, majestic glaciers and a rich marine ecosystem: colonies of sea birds, walruses, polar bears and Arctic foxes come to feed here.
Perhaps you will also be lucky enough to be able to observe these emblematic species as you sail along the islands of Barentsøya and Edgeøya (also known as Barents Island and Edge Island respectively), in the Søraust-Svalbard Nature Reserve, which is the largest protected zone in Norway.
During this unforgettable expedition, our ship will sail to latitudes of 80° north and you will discover that unique feeling of having reached the top of the world.
Itinerary is subject to change according to port authorizations and government regulations. We are privileged guests in these remote lands where we are at the mercy of weather, ice, tidal and current conditions. Landings on certain sites and the observation of certain wildlife cannot be guaranteed. They vary from day to day, making each PONANT cruise a unique experience. The Captain and the Expedition Leader will make every effort to ensure that your experience is as rich as possible, while complying with the safety rules and instructions imposed by the AECO.
Le Boréal, like its Sisterships L’Austral, Le Soléal and Le Lyrial, epitomises the unique feel and atmosphere of the ships of the PONANT fleet. Subtly combining luxury, intimacy and serene well-being, the ship has been designed to offer passengers both moments of conviviality and spaces conducive to peaceful tranquility and a sense of escape and getting away from it all. Its exterior and interior lines testify to the ingeniousness and refinement with which the Sisterships have been designed.
PONANT is the World Leader in Luxury Expeditions with ultra-modern, intimate ships, offering attentive service and well-designed itineraries that touch all corners of the globe. Every cruise is a blend of adventure, exploration, and discovery—all experienced in luxurious comfort, even in the heart of extreme landscapes.
Why cruise with PONANT?
• 12 luxury small ships, able to easily navigate small waterways and visit remote destinations not accessible by large cruise ships.
• Le Commandant Charcot, the world’s first luxury hybrid-electric polar exploration yacht, sails further into the polar regions (including the Geographic North Pole).
• The youngest expedition fleet afloat.
• The leader in luxury polar expeditions for over 20 years and cultural cruising for over 30 years.
• Over 400 awe-inspiring cruises, calling at over 450 ports on all seven continents.
• Experts on board our voyages of discovery and learning to enrich guests’ understanding of the destinations.
• An exclusive partnership with Smithsonian Journeys, the the travel program of the Smithsonian Institution.
• Understated elegance on board with French-inspired cuisine, fine wines, and chic design.
• Proud to partner with Sothys, Veuve Clicquot, and Ducasse Conseil. Ships feature fabrics by Pierre Frey, beauty products from Hermès, macarons by Ladurée, and tea from Palais des Thés.
• 100% of our staterooms have a sea view and 95% have a balcony (100% on the PONANT EXPLORERS).
• Attentive yet discreet service from an experienced, multilingual onboard staff and crew.
• Open bridge access (requires approval from Captain).
• “Clean Ship” certification for the fleet in recognition of their eco-friendly features.
• All-inclusive pricing with open bar, gratuities, port fees, and taxes (including Zodiac explorations/landings on expeditions).
• The world’s first underwater passenger lounge, the Blue Eye, featured exclusively on the PONANT EXPLORER ships.
|1||Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen||6:00 PM|
|4||Sailing Toward The Ice Floes|
|5||Monaco Glacier, Spitsbergen|
|8||Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen||8:00 AM|